[R-sig-Geo] Assign coordinates to zip address

Jose M. Pavia Jose.M.Pavia at uv.es
Mon Jun 30 21:25:16 CEST 2014

Ronaldo, maybe you can ask to the local authorities of the urban area
for a file that contains the coordinates for each postal address in
the area. I made it in the past for research purposes in my city and
they provide me the file for free.
Other way, maybe you can create (or ask someome to do it) some kind
of robot to consult postal addresses in google maps that can collect
and save the coordinates for you .

best regards
jm

> Hi,
>
> The zipcode package provides coordinates by zip code in the U.S.
The problem is, the information is not from the U.S., and I don’t
need the coordinates by zip code, I have some surveys with the same
zip code but different street name and number, as I said, I need the
coordinate by survey.

<frtog at vestas.com> escribió:

> > Perhaps Google is your friend. Google for:
> >
> > r zip code to location
> >
> > Br. Frede
> >

> > Sendt fra Samsung mobil

is possible and how could I do it. I have a lot of surveys from a
specific urban area and the zip address by survey.