[R-sig-Geo] Raster Layers same resolution but not the same coordinates over the same area

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Mon Jun 30 17:55:53 CEST 2014

Justin:

It would make more sense, if you insist on working with data.frames,
for you to create a single stack with all of your predictor and
response variables, and then do your extraction -- that way you don't
need to worry about a merge after the fact.  The chances of the
coordinates being EXACT I suspect are very low, which is why the
merge() is failing.

Basically:

mystack <- stack(meanTempStackDf, rainStackDf)

... Then you can extract the data.

--j

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Justin Michell <jwm302 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Niandou
>
> No I have not received any feedback.
>
> I do have some thoughts though. Is it possible/or at least would it make sense to get values in NDVI layer (average of nearby cells?) at the coordinates of raster values in other layers which one wants to merge with?
>
> I am not very well versed in these things so it’s just a thought- not sure how it would be implemented in R.
>
> Regards
> Justin
>

> On Jun 27, 2014, at 3:58 PM, ISSAKA NIANDOU, Yacouba <niandouy at who.int> wrote:
>
>> Niandou

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Assistant Professor
Global Environmental Analysis and Remote Sensing (GEARS) Laboratory
Department of Geography and Geographic Information Science
259 Computing Applications Building, MC-150
605 East Springfield Avenue
Champaign, IL  61820-6371
Phone: 217-300-1924
http://www.geog.illinois.edu/~jgrn/