[R-sig-Geo] Three-dimensional interpolation of temperature profiles using gstat?

Bingwei Tian bwtian at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 11:41:19 CEST 2014

Dear Edzer,

I have a similar question related to sub-land-surface temperature profile
data.
You are absolutely right, the temperature changes faster in the vertical
than in horizontal.
In this case, Depper is hotter.
And the trend usually linear due to conduction of temperature in vertical
direction.
My question is How to calculate and show the 3d variogram  in follow case,
and What kind of Kringing method
is the suitable one? Thank you in Advance!
1. There is temperature Trend in Vertical z(Measure Depth).
2. I would like to consider the location of Volcanoes in Interpolation using
Kriging.
3. The study area is quite large about 80000km2
4. I have 430 boreholes with different depth and interval of depth.
5. The target grid is to 100*100*100 or 1000*1000*100 (x*y*z)