[R-sig-Geo] Clarification on cross validation fitted variogram model

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Sat Jun 7 19:28:58 CEST 2014

You don't give us enough invormation to give you a generally useful answer.

If fit.variogram() gives you a reasonably fitted variogram model, I see
no point in NOT using exp.mod in krige.cv(). On the other hand, we don't
know how and why the values passed to vgm() were chosen, and someone may
have a reason to argue they are better than the ones fitted by
fit.variogram().

--
Edzer Pebesma
Heisenbergstraße 2, 48149 Münster, Germany. Phone: +49 251