[R-sig-Geo] Kernel smoothing density function

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 22:19:07 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Ferra Xu <ferra.xu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Sarah
> Thank you for your response. I have attached the data that I'm using. I
> noticed that no estimate and eval.points are generated...Would you please
> take a look at it?

Of course the estimate is generated, just as the help file promised.

hat$estimate

contains the estimate: all the named components given in the Value
section of the helpfile
are part of hat, and you can see that with
names(hat)

Have you read the Introduction to R that comes with your R
installation? Perhaps you should.

> It creates a plot in R environment but the pdf file doesn't work.
>
> Appreciate your help,

Well, ?plot.kde states that for 3D data it produces an interactive RGL
plot, and unlike for 1D and 2D there are no other options.

What do you expect to be printed to PDF when you create an interactive plot?

Reading ?rgl suggests that you might want to look into ?rgl.snapshot

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org