[R-sig-Geo] maps showing post-Soviet states?

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 23:07:11 CEST 2014

The combination of the sp and maptools packages will read in
shapefiles and plot them, you just need to find a shapefile that has
the countries that you are interested in (google for shape files,
there are a lot of free ones available, I have not checked for the
countries you specified, but I expect there are some available).