[R-sig-Geo] Problem in represents shapefile in Landsat image

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:24:49 CET 2014

Alexandre,

You should also have a prj file for your shapefile. This is where all
the projection info is
stored.
Once you get it, try reading with readOGR(), i.e.

require(rgdal)
contorno_line <- readOGR(dsn="path to the shapefile", layer="Tamandua288")

And verify that the slots proj4string in both raster and vector are
identical, i.e
using
projection(landa)
projection(contorno_line)

and verify that they do overlay:
plot(landa[[3]])
plot(contorno_line,add=TRUE)

If both projection() match but the objects do not overlay, then the
most likely is that the 2 objects are actually not
in the same projection (Datum difference?) as you think, note that
lacking a prj file should make you feel uncomfortable. If you do not
have the prj, then you must get the information on projection and
datum and either make a prj on your own or set the projection in R

Agus