[R-sig-Geo] Differences in plot(), levelplot() and QGIS for raster objects

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 15:58:50 CET 2014

Hi!

I'm observing differences in plots of raster
objects using plot(), levelplot() and Qgis.

I've made an html page to show the problem:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3180464/testplot_levelplot_log.html

The pdf with the plots:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3180464/testplot_levelplot.pdf

As it is not easy to make a reproducible example, I've also uploaded
the actual raster (6 layers) in rda format (to be incorporated
with load()):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3180464/imamed.rda

Note this is
class       : RasterBrick
dimensions  : 1024, 1280, 1310720, 6  (nrow, ncol, ncell, nlayers)

Although I've decided going on with the mosaic made for QGIS, I'd appreciate
any comments on why such differences occur.

Thanks,

Agus