[R-sig-Geo] gdalUtils 0.2.0 now on CRAN

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 9 19:43:20 CET 2014

Tim: thanks! We have something similar, where the package uses a
Sys.which() to see if gdalinfo is available in the PATH as one of its
attempts to find a valid install.

Rainer et al: I pushed version 0.2.3 to R-forge (you'll need to SVN it
until R-forge builds the new package later today/tomorrow) which now
supports a fixed search_path parameter.  To use this:

gdal_setInstallation(search_path="/pathto/your/favorite/GDAL/",rescan=TRUE)

If it finds a valid gdalinfo in that path, it will use that one (thus
forcing gdalUtils to use a specific install).  If it doesn't find it,
it will search as usual.  Note that I updated the help for
gdal_setInstallation to better explain how gdalUtils searches for a
valid install.

Here's the R-forge site:
https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/gdalutils/

--j