[R-sig-Geo] [R-sig-hpc] Out-of-control SOCK/PSOCK cluster

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Fri Feb 28 16:13:09 CET 2014

Hi Truc:

If I'm understanding the code, you need to get the PID from a cluster
call BEFORE it gets out of control, correct?  Is there a way to get
the PIDs from the cluster object running on the master process
directly (e.g. a parallel PSOCK cluster)?  I see it prints the PID (I
suppose I can parse the text), but is there a "cleaner" way to get the
PIDs from this object?

--j