[R-sig-Geo] SPLM sphtest Hausman test not working with Maximum Likelihood

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Feb 25 15:11:35 CET 2014

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, Patrick Meyfroidt wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I have a problem using splm package: across various datasets and models,
> the sphtest function never works when I try to calculate the Hausman
> test with a model using Maximum Likelihood. I always receive the
> following error message:
>
> Error in match.arg(spatial.error) :
>  'arg' must be NULL or a character vector
>
> I see that several other people posted the same problem before, but
> apparently there was not solution proposed on the list: in September
> 2011:
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2011-September/012826.html and
> in May 2013:
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2013-May/018256.html
>
> Does anyone have a solution?

Please never guess, it only misleads you and readers of your posting.

Please always state the output of sessionInfo() - we don't know which
version of splm you are using.

Please always include a reproducible example of the code leading to the
error with a built in data set.

Do check that the problem is not already resolved in the development
version on R-forge, here:

https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=352

> Thank you very much,
>

> Patrick Meyfroidt ------ F.R.S. - FNRS and Universit? catholique de
> Louvain - UCLouvain
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Finally, do not post HTML, much of the extensive carbon footprint of lists
like this comes from scanning HTML postings for unwanted and/or dangerous
payloads.

Hope this helps,