[R-sig-Geo] Error with disaggregate

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 19:12:00 CET 2014

Ned,

I see nothing wrong with your code. Works for me on Win7.  Perhaps
because of a fix in the chunk size (blockSize) computation in the
development version.
Can you check if it works with that version?

 install.packages("raster", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

I do not understand the error message though, as you should be writing
fewer bytes then 2^31
> 2^31 / (8*ncell(c))
[1] 4.532697

This may go away if you add a filename, and perhaps a datatype (FLT4S)  argument

c <- disaggregate(b, fact=32, filename='dis.tif', datatype='FLT4S')

Or if you set
rasterOptions(chunksize= ) temporarily to something lower.

I note that I should add a "block_fun" method to do this in one step

Robert