[R-sig-Geo] New "glcm" package for calculating co-occurrence textures now on CRAN

Alex Zvoleff azvoleff at conservation.org
Thu Feb 13 13:54:05 CET 2014

Hi all,

I just released the new "glcm" package to CRAN. The glcm package
enables calculating image textures derived from grey-level
co-occurrence matrices (GLCMs) in R. The underlying texture
calculation code is implemented in C++ using RcppArmadillo.

I have tested the calculated textures versus other implementations,
but let me know if you notice anything unexpected.

Also, I just pushed out another package to CRAN that may be of
interest to some in this group. The "wrspathrow" package has several
functions for working with path and row numbers from the World
Reference System (WRS, the system used by NASA for the Landsat
satellites). The package supports calculating the path(s) and row(s)
needed to cover a given sp or raster object, or, conversely, can
calculate the polygon for a given path and row.

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alex Zvoleff