[R-sig-Geo] GSLM in binary data set

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at c3sl.ufpr.br
Wed Feb 5 14:03:40 CET 2014

Carolina

The MCMC engine behind geoRglm
needs to be tunned.
S.scale is the tunning parameter for the spatial random effects.
It need to be choosen such that acceptence rates (reported by the
following functions to be used) are about 60-65%.
So don't expect to get it right at a first try, this is a try and error
exercise

The other parameters are initial guesses and it would be better of
compatible with your data.
For instance you could use values from a standard GLM to set beta,
the overdispersion to set sigmasq and a variogram of the residuals
for phi.
The latter needs to be compatible with the distances within
the study area so alternativelly you could try something
  1/10 of the maximum interpoints distances