[R-sig-Geo] spgwr: Invalid weights for i: 1

jybarnagaud jeanyves.barnagaud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 09:40:53 CEST 2014

Dear all;

I'm trying to run a gwr to show local estimates of a linear temporal trend
in a continuous variable on 806 data points sampled at least 8 times on a
1966-2011 period:

I got the following error while trying to select a bandwith with spgwr:

<http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/file/n7586890/Capture.png>

Below is a short summary of my data object:

<http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/file/n7586890/map.jpeg>

shape of the response variable:

<http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/file/n7586890/histo.jpeg>

Any idea of why it happens and any obvious solution, or any tips to find
where's the issue ?

A cheap alternative might be to select a manual bandwidth based on our
knowledge of the study system, but I couldn't find exactly how it should be
specified: is it expressed as a radius in km or something other?

Many Thanks!

JY Barnagaud