[R-sig-Geo] maptools/SpatialPolygons2PolySet produces ascending instead of descending POS numbers for polygons with holes

Daniel Rodolphe Schlaepfer dschlaep at uwyo.edu
Wed Aug 6 13:47:16 CEST 2014

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this does not work for my application: I plot the polygon on top of other another plot where I need the holes of the polygon to be transparent. For instance, I don’t want the African countries in the following examples to be covered by white:

library(maps)
map()
plot(polySP, density=10, angle=45, pbg=“white")

However, this was not the point that I try to ask about. My point is that maptools/SpatialPolygons2PolySet does not translate into correct PolySet objects as illustrated in my previous example.

Thanks,
Daniel