[R-sig-Geo] question about autoKrige anis1 and anis2

Jon Skoien jon.skoien at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Fri Aug 1 08:47:13 CEST 2014

The result you got is the same as for a variogram model from vgm with a
nugget effect. This is the ratio of anisotropy, which is one both for
the nugget and for the correlated part of the model. See:

str(vgm(10, "Exp", 300))
str(vgm(10, "Exp", 300, 3))

I guess you see something like the second one as autofitVariogram is not
able to fit the anisotropy parameters. For that you could have a look at
estimateParameters in the intamap package, which can fit a variogram
model of the vgm-type with anisotropy parameters.

Cheers,
Jon