[R-sig-Geo] R-sig-Geo Digest, Vol 128, Issue 17

Ralf Schäfer senator at ecotoxicology.de
Thu Apr 17 12:14:00 CEST 2014

> Message: 9
> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 19:23:09 +0200
> From: Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no>
> To: Manuel Sp?nola <mspinola10 at gmail.com>
> Cc: "r-sig-geo at r-project.org" <r-sig-geo at r-project.org>
> Subject: Re: [R-sig-Geo] rgdal for iOS mavericks build (R 3.1.0)
>
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2014, Manuel Sp?nola wrote:
>
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> I am using R 3.1.0 mavericks build but I noticed that rgdal is not
>> available yet.  Any idea when will be available?
>
> Thanks for the heads-up - this is not something the rgdal maintainer or
> developers can answer (also I have no OSX access of any kind, let alone
> Mavericks). Please ask on R-sig-mac to establish the current situation -
> it may be that the new Apple build trains are creating problems for GDAL
> and PROJ, and if they cannot be built easily, the rgdal binaries will also
> not be forthcoming until this is dealt with. Please report back on replies
> on R-sig-mac.
>
> If you can install rgdal from source, look at:
>
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks
>
> for suitable frameworks for GDAL/PROJ (and GEOS if you need rgeos). There
> are discussions related to Mavericks on Kyngchaos.

The problems seem to have to do with the new built for Maverick.

However, you can download the package here:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/contrib/3.1/
And install manually (local package with source code)

This works also for gstat, rgeos, spacetime and so on.

I found this solution here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/r-sig-mac/3yrqRaMrSPQ/ERkzSsoYe-cJ

Best regards
Ralf