[R-sig-Geo] gstat Statistical measures of goodness fit of variogram model

Moshood Agba Bakare bakare at ualberta.ca
Thu Apr 17 02:08:12 CEST 2014

Dear All,
The statistical measures of goodness of fit of variogram model to
experimental variogram is often determined by Sums of squares error (SSErr)
function of gstat library.Am I right to define this statistic to be
summation of the product of weighting factor and squared of difference
between experimental and model semivariance for the number of lag bins?

Please see the attached word document for the equation. Let me know if I am
wrong please.

Moshood