[R-sig-Geo] rgdal for iOS mavericks build (R 3.1.0)

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Apr 16 19:23:09 CEST 2014

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014, Manuel Spínola wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I am using R 3.1.0 mavericks build but I noticed that rgdal is not
> available yet.  Any idea when will be available?

Thanks for the heads-up - this is not something the rgdal maintainer or
developers can answer (also I have no OSX access of any kind, let alone
Mavericks). Please ask on R-sig-mac to establish the current situation -
it may be that the new Apple build trains are creating problems for GDAL
and PROJ, and if they cannot be built easily, the rgdal binaries will also
not be forthcoming until this is dealt with. Please report back on replies
on R-sig-mac.

If you can install rgdal from source, look at:

http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks

for suitable frameworks for GDAL/PROJ (and GEOS if you need rgeos). There
are discussions related to Mavericks on Kyngchaos.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Roger

> Best,
>
> Manuel

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 91 00
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no