[R-sig-Geo] Help to estimate Anisotropy Parameters

Jon Olav Skoien jon.skoien at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Wed Apr 16 15:57:08 CEST 2014

Mario,

The issue with the current version of intamap is that the anisotropy
detection method is too slow and too memory consuming for larger data
sets. The old version used a method based on the akima package, but this
was discontinued because of incompatible licenses (akima is strictly
non-commercial). If your use is non-commercial (you seem to email from a
university), you might be able to use an old version of intamap, as the
later changes to the package does not affect analyses. You might need
Rtools or devtools to install the tar-file if you are on Windows,
although I dont think it is necessary.

download.file("http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/intamap/intamap_1.3-23.tar.gz",
"intamap_1.3-23.tar.gz")
 > install.packages("intamap_1.3-23.tar.gz", repos = NULL, type = "source")

There is a promising candidate for replacement, but we are still waiting
for a bug fix in that package.

Best wishes,
Jon

--
Jon Olav Skøien
Joint Research Centre - European Commission

Via Fermi 2749, TP 440,  I-21027 Ispra (VA), ITALY

jon.skoien at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Tel:  +39 0332 789205

Disclaimer: Views expressed in this email are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent official views of the European Commission.