[R-sig-Geo] How to create a SpatialMultiPoints object

Stefan Jelkovich stefjelko at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:35:40 CEST 2014

Roger,

you are right. In case of the meuse data it makes no sense at all. Not the best example...
I do not see a clear adventage for the use of MultiPoints, too. Maybe in case of categorical data? I only wanted to create such an object to investigate the structure and prepare my functions for MultiPoint objects.

So MultiPoints are not supported by the SpatialPoints and SpatialPointsDataFrame classes? That's fine for me.

By the way: if MultiPoint objects are imported in R and converted to SpatialPoints, the MultiPoint structure is just gone?

Thanks
Stefan