[R-sig-Geo] adehabitatHR: kerneloverlap and kernelUD etc.

Mathieu Basille basille.web at ase-research.org
Fri Apr 11 17:37:02 CEST 2014

Le 07/04/2014 15:00, Calenge Clement a écrit :

> [...]
>
> Generally, the function kerneloverlap is to be preferred (simpler to use
> if you start from a set of relocations, see below), except if you
> already have an object of class estUD in suitable format (i.e. with the
> kernel estimation carried out on the *same grid* for all animals). The
> function kerneloverlaphr might be preferred if you work with
> "nonclassical" kernel approaches, such as BRB, kernelbb, etc., if you
> have built your own estUD object from UDs estimated with another
> software, etc.

Alternatively, I recently modified the 'kerneloverlap' function to accept
either a `SpatialPointsDataFrame` or a `estUDm` object in a single function
(no more need of 'kerneloverlaphr'). Essentially, the function reuses the
code of the regular 'kerneloverlap' function when working on a SPDF, and
the code of the regular 'kerneloverlaphr' function when working on a estUDm
object.

It also allows to use several functions at once, e.g. 'c("PHR", "BA")',
with a new summary function which can be pretty convenient. The modified
function is available here:

http://ase-research.org/basille/hab/

Mathieu.

--

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard