[R-sig-Geo] gstat warning message from cross validate linear model

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Mon Apr 7 22:09:01 CEST 2014

You are using a variogram that is permissible in 1D, but not in 2D
(linear with sill). This will generate negative variances, from which
the square root (sqrt) is computed in order to produce z scores.

The advice is to not use this model for data spanning more than one
dimension; the software, or its author, assumed you know this.

--
Edzer Pebesma
Heisenbergstraße 2, 48149 Münster, Germany. Phone: +49 251