[R-sig-Geo] Disable Maxent clamping

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 16:39:04 CEST 2013

Gerardo,

I assume you are using the maxent function in the dismo package
(please by clear about such things). You can specify maxent options
via the "args" argument. See ?maxent and the help file of maxent.jar
for the options that exist. In your case, you could do something like:

mx <- maxent(predictors, occtrain, args='dontdoclamp')

as clamping is part of the model fitting, not the prediction stage.

Robert