[R-sig-Geo] Fastest method to reclassify large raster.

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 07:57:06 CEST 2013

Nevil,

It seems to me that replacing numbers using a  lookup table of 197000
rows x 80 reclass values for a (not very large) raster of 197000
values can be solved more easily. Unfortunately, you did not provide
code that generates example data; please do so in the future, now you
leave us guessing. Presumably the lookup table column 'Value' is a
cell number. Is so, and if they are sorted, perhaps you can simply do:

b <- brick(r, nl=83)
b <- setValues(b,  mydataOut[,5:88])

Robert