[R-sig-Geo] Intamap and "honoring" original data

r_sig_geo at libero.it r_sig_geo at libero.it
Fri Sep 6 14:17:51 CEST 2013

Hi to all.
My problem is to force a Kriging prediction to "honour" original data. This is
because I need to interpolate values that represent the Bayesian probability
that a particular event occurs. For Instance, If for a locality I computed a
probability = 1, or p=0.6, I need to possibly keep unchanged these values after
the interpolation. I  know this is a stretch  according to what Kriging really
does. As I need to perform interpolation automatically, I'm using package
"intamap" that is great! I found the function "unbiasedKrige" that should
perform , if I understood well, exactly what  I need. Unfortunately, I find out
that even by using this function (both using MOK and IWQSEL, tested many times
with different parameters) the predicted values are still too far from original
data at the same locations. What can you suggest me? Thanks.