[R-sig-Geo] Problems with Kcross.inhom

david.villalobos avi3187 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 23:16:13 CEST 2013

Sure Julia,

First:

I have the following object called "Z"

> Z <- ppp(north, west,window=W,marks=tipo)

> summary(Z)
Marked planar point pattern: 201 points
Average intensity 4.46e-05 points per square unit

Coordinates are integers
i.e. rounded to the nearest 1 unit

Multitype:
       frequency proportion intensity
ficus        131      0.652  2.90e-05
tienda        70      0.348  1.55e-05

Window: polygonal boundary
single connected closed polygon with 1716 vertices
enclosing rectangle: [484546.8, 487897.4] x [1147521.3, 1153682.9] units
Window area =  4509680 square units

Second:

I calculated the bandwidth sigma for the kernel estimator of point process
intensity with a Cross Validated Bandwidth Selection for Kernel Density
(bw.diggle)

> attach(split(Z))
> f<-bw.diggle(ficus)
> t<-bw.diggle(tienda)

Third:

I calculated with the Kernel Smoothed Intensity of Point Pattern
(density.ppp) the values of the the estimated intensity of the sub-process
of points of type i and j:

> lambdaf<-density.ppp(ficus,f,at="points")
> lambdat<-density.ppp(tienda,t,at="points")

and Finally:

I ran the script for Kcross.inhom for the method (1): estimate intensities
by nonparametric smoothing, but I had the error.

> K <- Kcross.inhom(Z, "ficus", "tienda", lambdaf, lambdat)
Error in Kwtsum(dclose, bI, weight, b, 1/lambdaI, breaks) :
  Weights in K-function were infinite or NA

I tryed the method (2): leave-one-out, but I had the same problems

Any help is appreciated. A lot of thanks.