[R-sig-Geo] Plotting NetCDF layer over a map as a raster...

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 07:08:26 CEST 2013

It seems that the files has other variables than lon & lat that are
used. It looks like a projection is used, but then again, the axes
range suggests lon/lat. Can you show more info about the file contents
(e.g.  print(varRaster) ) or str(ex.nc).
Even better if you can make the file available to me. In principle you
can of course make a RasterLayer from your x, y and z, particularly if
x and y are regularly spaced.
Robert