[R-sig-Geo] Complementary areas analysis

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 17:39:08 CEST 2013

Maurico,

There is hidden function in the dismo package that does this. There is
a bug in it, so here it is the fixed version:

https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/dismo/R/reserves.R?view=markup&revision=518&root=dismo&sortby=date

You can copy and paste it and do

.rebelo(x)

Where x  is a matrix with sites (e.g. grid cells) as columns and
species presences/absence as rows. It will return a matrix with select
sites and number of species. I could easily expand this to work with
points and Raster objects, add more options etc. but perhaps it works
for you as is. I am not sure if I have ever tested it, so pls do so.

> set.seed(0)
> x = matrix(round(runif(1000)), nrow=100,ncol=10)
> .rebelo(x)
     Site nSpecies
[1,]    6       56
[2,]    2       23