[R-sig-Geo] Help - calling OpenBugs through R2OpenBugs problem

Virgilio Gómez-Rubio virgilio.gomez at uclm.es
Fri Nov 29 10:43:03 CET 2013

Dear James,

I have been able to run your code. See attached files. Not sure why
OpenBUGS crashed but I found a few strange symbols (vertical bars) when
I copied and pasted your model from your e-mail. OpenBUGS complained and
it worked fine after I had these symbols removed.

I have run it on an Ubuntu Linux, with R version 3.0.2 Patched
(2013-10-25 r64109). I have used wine to run OpenBUGS, so you may need
to change that in my code. Please, try the code attached on the latest R
you can find.

If you have any particular problem when running my code, please, contact
me off-list so that we can reduce the noise of this list.

Best wishes,

Virgilio