[R-sig-Geo] mcp calculation

Lutfor rahmannorthampton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 23:31:14 CET 2013

Dear forum members,

Today, I upgraded my R with 3.0.2. I was going to use my old code for MCP
calculation using adehabitat. But when I was going use mcp.area calculation
it says, i do need gpclib. Unfortunately new version of R don't have gpclib
packages. I was trying to do with adehabitatHR but now luck yet. could
anyone help to calculated mcp.area from my data.

I have used following code for my calculation.

mcpdata1<-read.csv("DataMCPKernel.csv",header=T)
attach(mcpdata1)

XY=mcpdata1[,c("x","y")]
id=mcpdata1[,c("Stage")]

HrMcp<-mcp.area(XY,id)
#When I do run above command following error message pop up.
Failed with error:  ‘‘gpclib’ is not a valid installed package’
Error in mcp.area(XY, id) : package gpclib required

I would greatly appreciate if you get me any suggestion (I tried to follow
adehabitatHR example but sorry to say not having any luck with my data).

My data:

Stage	            x	            y
incubation	646446.9	5213729
incubation	646395.1	5213765