[R-sig-Geo] Collinearity test

b.naimi at utwente.nl b.naimi at utwente.nl
Wed Nov 20 00:33:22 CET 2013

Hi Maurizio,

You can use vif, vifstep, vifcor and exclude functions in usdm package to deal with collinearity problem in environmental variables. The input variables can be either raster object or data.frames. You can find an example of using these function for SDM in the following reference:

Naimi, B.,et al..(2013). Where is positional uncertainty a problem for species distribution modelling, Ecography. DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-0587.2013.00205.x<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0587.2013.00205.x/abstract>

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Babak
http://r-gis.net