[R-sig-Geo] Kriging

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Wed Nov 13 12:28:36 CET 2013

You may have (near) duplicate points in your data.

Other packages let you control more when you want to kriging, see the
Spatial task view on CRAN.

To me, kriging::kriging seems a bit of a black box: does it compute
Euclidian distances from long/lat coordinates directly? How does it fit
variogram models?