[R-sig-Geo] Landsat soil moisture index

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 22:30:15 CET 2013

Hi,

Well, you need to start at the beginning.
Where did you get your Landsat images?
What format are they in?
Has someone already calculated NDVI and surface temperature for you,
or do you need to do that? If so, what level of processing have the
images already received?
How have you imported the images into R?

Do you already know how to perform a linear regression in R?

It's not a difficult task programmatically, but there are a number of
steps that you need to consider, and things you must understand before
you can get good results. Remote sensing isn't necessarily an easy
field.

The landsat package and associated references may help you get started.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org