[R-sig-Geo] saga grid format TOPTOBOTTOM

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Tue May 28 02:16:28 CEST 2013

Chuck,

raster can read both  TOPTOBOTTOM=FALSE and  TOPTOBOTTOM=TRUE SAGA
files. However, it only writes TOPTOBOTTOM=TRUE.

GDAL can read and write TOPTOBOTTOM=TRUE only. Apparently QGIS has a
native driver for SAGA that can only do  TOPTOBOTTOM=FALSE, which is
odd (as it not the common approach). Can't you force QGIS to use GDAL
to read SAGA files? Another approach would be to use e.g. GTiff.

If you are desperate you could also write a function to create the
type QGIS needs using flip(r, 'y') and that then changes the SAGA
header file to TOPTOBOTTOM=FALSE.

Robert