[R-sig-Geo] fit.variogram.reml

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at c3sl.ufpr.br
Fri May 24 04:14:11 CEST 2013

I'm unsure the REML's in gstat and geoR reffer to the same method.
In the former the REML is based on the sample variogram
whereas for the latter the REML is applied to the assumed
(Gaussian) distribution of the data, in a modification of
the original likelihood function.

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
LEG (Laboratorio de Estatistica e Geoinformacao)
Universidade Federal do Parana
Caixa Postal 19.081
CEP 81.531-990
Curitiba, PR  -  Brasil