[R-sig-Geo] strange variogram envelop

Marion Jacquot marion.jacquot at univ-fcomte.fr
Wed May 15 08:43:57 CEST 2013

I computed a variogram (function variog, geoR) on the residuals of a

linear model (myvariog). I computed the envelop by permutation of the
data values on the spatial locations (function variog.mc.env;  nsim=999).

  >  myvariog$n
[1]   37 1577   97  116   53 2053  342  550   30  460  248

For the largest distance class, I have got 248 pairs of points and the
envelop does not enlarge but converges to zero (see the attached
figure). Could anybody give me any hint about the process explaining
this convergence?
I suppose, giving the aspect of the variogram, that I could not modelise
it in order to take into account spatial autocorrelation in my linear
model (thanks argument correlation). What do you think about it?

Thanks for your help,
Regards,

Marion.