[R-sig-Geo] Too many points for deldir()

Ludwig Hilger l.hilger at ku.de
Fri May 10 14:05:14 CEST 2013

Hello everybody,

I am trying to construct Thiessenpolygons from a very large dataset (ca. 1.3
mio points) and get the following error:

thiessen <- deldir(normv$X, normv$Y)
[...]
Fehler: lange Vektoren (Argument 7) nicht unterstützt in  .C (~= long
vectors (argument 7) not supported in .C)

I am wondering if this comes from the number of points and if yes, if there
is a way to split the dataset into blocks and putting the result back
together afterwards? I suspect that there will be problems at the
borderlines of blocks!?

Thank you very much and best regards,
Ludwig

R version 3.0.0 (2013-04-03)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=German_Germany.1252  LC_CTYPE=German_Germany.1252
LC_MONETARY=German_Germany.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
LC_TIME=German_Germany.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] sp_1.0-9      deldir_0.0-22

[1] grid_3.0.0      lattice_0.20-15

-----
Dipl. Geogr. Ludwig Hilger
Wiss. MA
Lehrstuhl für Physische Geographie
Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
Ostenstraße 18
85072 Eichstätt

Tel.: 08421-93-1180