[R-sig-Geo] TIF with 3 bands to data frame

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Mon May 6 21:11:14 CEST 2013

I don't really know, exactly, but I'm going to guess.

The warning message refers to missing "GeoTransform" values. I find that
suggestive of information about the coordinate system. The website also
has a link to download a "TFW", which I believe contains coordinate system
information. This is supported by the absence of proj4string info in your
summary info. Try downloading the TFW file, putting it in the same
directory as the tif, and then try reading again with rgdal.

Instead, you might consider reading the file using the raster package;
conversion to a suitable data frame might be simpler from that point.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory