[R-sig-Geo] colors (and other issues) in rasterVis()

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri May 3 14:35:50 CEST 2013

Hi!
I do not get to plot a set of 8 raster layers from a brick the way I
want with rasterVis()
I do:
require(rasterVis)
levelplot(adlsEMNFVIS[[1:8]],axes=FALSE,colorkey=FALSE,col.region=gray.colors(128,gamma=0.5))

I want to:
1. Do not plot the names of the layers or plot a different text. i.e.
paste("MNF-",1:8,sep="")
2. Do not plot the axes or at least the axes text (the numbers).
3. Use a grey scale.

I've gone through the man page and I think that I should use
par.settings=, but the help page
links to another page and that one to another... and finally get lost.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks