[R-sig-Geo] Error message in adehabitatHR

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Thu Mar 21 09:29:34 CET 2013

On 03/20/2013 10:55 PM, Manuel Spínola wrote:
> Dear list members, sorry for cross posting but I didn´t get a solution from
> the R-sig-ecology,
>
> When working with adehabitatHR after fitting a kernel I got the following
> erro message that I don´'t understand:
>
>> kud <- kernelUD(analisisUtm[,5], h="href")
>> kud
> ********** Utilization distribution of several Animals ************
>
> Type: probability density
> Smoothing parameter estimated with a  href smoothing parameter
> This object is a list with one component per animal.
> Each component is an object of class estUD
> See estUD-class for more information
>
>> class(kud)
> [1] "estUDm"
>>
>> ver <- getverticeshr(kud, percent=95)
> Error: identicalCRS(x, y) is not TRUE

because of a change in sp and in R, adehabitatHR had to change from
using the deprecated overlay() to using over(), and this led to a change
in getverticeshr(). In contrast to overlay(), over() checks that both
its arguments have identical CRS, which was not the case here.

@Clement: I guess that in getverticeshr.r, line 42, the
SpatialPolygons() call needs to pass on the CRS as second argument named
"proj4string". You might want to check the other occasions of changes
from overlay() into over().