[R-sig-Geo] calculate semivariogram values and perform kriging BY HAND for a simple dataset

ToNoY tan.afreebird at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 17:29:16 CET 2013

@Sarah Goslee: Calculation by hand is the basic that everyone should know
before using R functions. I've prepared this for my students and I thought I
should know, in general, the level of difficulty it poses. Indeed, people do
miracles with R, but there are only a few who understands the underlying
statistics (what's happening behind the scene). For such problems, "GeoR"
can do such things in the blink of the eye -- who cares what it's doing??