[R-sig-Geo] calculate semivariogram values and perform kriging BY HAND for a simple dataset

ToNoY tan.afreebird at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 16:00:25 CET 2013

Can anyone tell me how to calculate semivariogram values by hand for point C
and D considering the distance between point A and B? say I have the
following data points:

point A: 60 (X-cord), 50 (Y-cord), & 1.2 (Z)
point B: 30 (X-cord), 20 (Y-cord), & 2.1 (Z)
point C: 20 (X-cord), 50 (Y-cord), & ? (Z)
point D: 60 (X-cord), 50 (Y-cord), & ? (Z)

Now, say, the best fit for model for the semivariogram is given by a
spherical model as:

 y(h) = C0 + C(1-e^(h/a))

where, C0 = nugget effect, h = distance, and a = range. How can I do
ordinary kriging by hand to estimate the Z value at point C and D. Also, how
much weight (w) should be given to ZA and ZB while estimating ZC
(ZC=w1*ZA+w2*ZB) or ZD (ZD=w1*ZA+w2*ZB)? Thanks in advance.