[R-sig-Geo] create a 3d shapefile ?

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 07:33:00 CET 2013

Thanks, this is what seemed to me, but the following phrase from the sp pdf
"The classes document where the spatial location
information resides, for 2D or 3D data"

and some scattered info such as
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/43342/how-to-use-z-coordinate-in-qgis
http://grokbase.com/t/r/r-sig-geo/127s88jzc6/problem-extracting-z-value-from-line-shapefile

make me think that some support for x,y,x coordinates actually exists
in sp and perhaps writeOGR() could
have taken advantage of it.

I've got very good advice on how to create the 3d shapefiles using
simple python scripting in the qgis list, I insert the link:
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/create-3d-shapefile-and-or-GPX-tp5040855p5040863.html

Agus