[R-sig-Geo] Antw: project google map to Sinusoidal

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Mar 4 16:14:16 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Ross Ahmed <rossahmed at googlemail.com> wrote:
> So I intend to take measurements, not make maps, using Google maps. Is this still against their policy?
>
> If this is still a problem, are there alternatives to google maps that can be used in R or a GIS?

 That could be a big grey area. I think you'll have to resolve this
between yourself, your conscience, and possibly some lawyers...

 The OpenStreetMap project have discovered they can use Yahoo Aerial
Imagery for tracing, so I assume you can use that but I think the
coverage and resolution is not as good as Google's.

Barry