[R-sig-Geo] Spatial interpolation of river network observations

Facundo Muñoz famuvie at alumni.uv.es
Sat Mar 2 09:11:11 CET 2013

Hi Ultrich,

unfortunately, the approach Tom mentioned accounts for non-Euclidean
distances, but not for downstream direction, as it asumes stationarity
and *isotropy* with respect to the hydrologic distances.

In the line of Tom's suggestion, you might be interested in looking at
the 'soap' R package for smooth interpolation in funny regions.

Bests
ƒacu.-