[R-sig-Geo] ENFA scatter plot problem & habitat suitability map question

Mathieu Basille basille.web at ase-research.org
Fri Jun 28 19:52:36 CEST 2013

Dear Michela,

In addition to Alexandre answer, it is not advised to use the ENFA to
produce suitability maps. You might be interested in the MADIFA instead,
also available in adehabitatHS. See [1].

As for your scatter plot, you should investigate your variables
individually, e.g. with ?hist.enfa (see the parameter 'score'). You may
have a categorical variable, with only one level used, or something similar.

Hope this helps,
Mathieu.

[1] Calenge, C.; Darmon, G.; Basille, M.; Loison, A. & Jullien, J.-M.
(2008) The factorial decomposition of the Mahalanobis distances in habitat
selection studies. Ecology, 89: 555-566 doi 10.1890/06-1750.1

Le 06/27/2013 11:13 AM, Alexandre Villers a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Regarding what you call "habitat prediction map", which I guess is habitat
> suitability (if this term is more suited), you can have a look at the
> spatial analyst page
> http://spatial-analyst.net/wiki/index.php?title=Species_Distribution_Modelling
> HTH
>
> Alex
>

> P.S.: by the way, you should avoid including images in your messages but
> rather provide a link to it/them...

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard