[R-sig-Geo] STIDF subsetting problem

scizmeli sa.cizmeli at usherbrooke.ca
Sat Jun 15 16:35:34 CEST 2013

I am trying rearrange the rows of a STIDF object using  a numerical variable
idx containing the row indexes having  some repeated indexes :

data(air)
rural = as(rural,"STIDF")
rural[c(1,1,1)]

gives me only a 1-row STIDF object. I would rather expect a 3-rows STIDF
object, with the replicates of the 1st row.

The general behavior of R in such a case, however, would be to replicate the
rows. I give below two examples with data.frame and list objects ;

a=data.frame(a=c(1,2,3,4),b=c(1,3,4,5))
a[c(1,1,1),]
or
a=list(k=1,l=2,m=3)
a[c(1,1,1)]

Is this behavior of spacetime (namely the internal function subs.STIDF) can
be modified in the future to provide a more compatible with the R standards?
In its current way, it is not possible to use the subsetting in a
traditional R-fashion.
thanks
Servet