[R-sig-Geo] help for optim

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Jul 30 20:48:02 CEST 2013

Paulo answered your posting (sent twice), but you now repeat the posting a third time. Please do follow the posting guide and the instructions for posting found on:

http://www.r-project.org/mail.html

Too many posts recently have not followed these simple requirements, and questioners are disappointed that there is no response. If you follow the instructions and posting guide, and especially if you provide a reproducible example demonstrating your problem, you are more likely to be answered.

In this case, the questioner has not read the help page for the optim function, and should do so before further postings - the noise to signal ratio on the list is important, and asking the list to read help pages is noise. Please do understand that those of us who offer advice are not obliged to help, and the less sensible the question - especially when the question shows your unwillingness to do what the instructions and posting guide ask, the more likely that it will remain unanswered.

Roger Bivand
List admin.

NHH Norwegian School of Economics
Helleveien 30, 5045 Bergen, Norway